Here’s what I’ve come up with, and I ask for your help. For the month of October, during which I turn 50, I have set these goals:
- I will read through the Psalms – 5 a day, spreading the readings throughout the day
- I will run 65 miles (November 2011 was the last time I logged that many miles in a motnh)
- I will do at least 500 push-ups.
- In addition to the Psalms, I will spend some time each day reading.
- I will reduce snacking (I am 10-15 pounds above where I should be)
- I will schedule a colonoscopy
- I will fast at least once a week.
Here’s where your help comes in. Some of these will be a bigger challenge for me than others, so I invite you to hold me accountable. Anytime you want, feel free to ask me how I’m doing on any of these goals.
Thank you for your help. I’d like to return the favor; when you turn 50, or whenever some accountability will help you reach a goal.